Total Pageviews

Pages

Featured Post

Thalassery Mutton Dum Biryani!

Hello, my lovelies!!!! I am baaaaaack!!!! Ok, I do need to apologize for the extremely long hiatus...and no, I am not going to make any exc...

Friday, August 9, 2013

Healthy veg stir fry with cocktail shrimp!

Hello my darlins!!! Did u guys miss me? I hope u did,coz I'm back with another delicious, easy breezy recipe, that you can whip up in a jiffy, especially when you're in no mood to slave in the kitchen...then again, I have always been lazy, which I'm sure my dear husband would vouch for, lolz!

This recipe is actually a personal favorite of A, coz it involves all of his fave vegetables (green beans, ladies finger and spinach), and as an added bonus, I added a few cocktail shrimps. Incidentally, these shrimps are ready to eat once you defrost them, but all my pure veggie friends, fear not, you can completely avoid this step. The beauty of this dish is that you could add any vegetable to this, including corn and bell peppers, which I didn't have in my pantry, but feel free to be creative! So enough with the blabbing, on to the recipe!

INGREDIENTS (For 2-3)

  • Green Beans- 1/4 kilo (a handful)
  • Ladies finger- 1/4 kilo  (a handful)
  • Green Spinach- A bunch
  • Onion- 1 medium, sliced
  • 2 cloves garlic- Roughly chopped
  • Red Chilly powder (optional)- 1 teaspoon
  • Black pepper- 1 teaspoon
  • Salt to taste
  • Olive oil- 1 tablespoon (I used extra virgin. In case you don't have olive oil, use the normal refined oil)
  • Ready to eat cocktail shrimp (Optional)- 5 pieces. (You can replace this with cocktail sausages)
METHOD
  • In a pan, heat oil and add garlic cloves followed by onion. Saute till they turn transparent and the raw smell disappears.
  • Add the chopped beans and stir for a  few seconds. Close the lid for about 3-4 minutes on a low flame.
  • Add the chopped ladies finger and stir again for a few seconds. Close this for about 5 minutes on a low flame. Ensure the flame is low so as to not stick to the bottom of the pan. 
  • Now add the chilly powder, pepper and salt and stir for a few seconds. To this, add the cocktail shrimp followed by the spinach. Let the flame continue to be on low.
  • Switch off the flame after 2 minutes and serve hot.
Now wasn't that easy breezy? These veggies have very minimum cooking time, so all their nutrients are intact when served. Using olive oil is a healthy option, and the extra virgin version contains zero cholesterol, so all you calorie conscious people, ensure you buy a bottle asap! On to the pictures..

 And another one!



So there we are. Do try this and let me know how it turns out. Till next time, take care and God bless!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thank u for taking the time to drop by and leave a note. It's people like you who make me want to improve my cooking skills more and increase my passion for cooking! Please ensure that you dont leave behind comments that are hurtful or inappropriate. Remember, constructive criticism is always appreciated, not destructive! Have a nice day and God bless!

My dear fans!!

Tweet me!

Reader's favorites!