Total Pageviews

Pages

Featured Post

Thalassery Mutton Dum Biryani!

Hello, my lovelies!!!! I am baaaaaack!!!! Ok, I do need to apologize for the extremely long hiatus...and no, I am not going to make any exc...

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Molten Lava Chocolate Cake!

It was A's birthday yesterday, and for a change we decided to actually stay in rather than go out for a fancy meal.

Which meant cooking at home. I did ask A for menu suggestions, after all, it was his birthday, so every wish is to be my command...or something along those lines :P. Having a sweet tooth, the one thing he did ask for was the Lava chocolate cake that we both so love from Chilis. Considering that this is a recipe that I had wanted to try for a while now, I instantly jumped on the opportunity, and started browsing around for recipes.


I finally got a fantastic recipe from I Wash You Dry which now happens to be one of my new fave blogs, so thank you Shawn for this fantastic recipe!


I'm sure you're curious, so let's get on with it, shall we...

INGREDIENTS (Serves 6-7)

  • Milk Chocolate- 400 oz (I used Cadbury's Dairy Milk Chocolate- 1 whole bar)
  • Unsalted butter, softened at room temperature- 8 tablespoons
  • Icing Sugar- 4 tablespoons
  • All purpose flour- 4 tablespoons
  • 3 whole eggs + 1 egg YOLK
Topping
  • Vanilla Ice cream
  • Hershey's chocolate syrup (optional but totally worth it!)
METHOD
  • Place a heat proof bowl over a pan containing boiling water and melt the chocolate along with the butter. Ensure that the flame is low so that the chocolate does not get burnt.
  • Allow the mixture to cool (approx 10 minutes) and to this, add the powdered sugar and stir in.
  • Add the flour and blend in again.
  • Finally add all 3 eggs and stir in using either a hand whisk or the egg beater. Finally add in the egg yolk and blend in.
  • Whisk in thoroughly to ensure that all the ingredients blend in and there are no lumps.
  • Grease your muffin or cupcake holders with cooking oil spray or butter. I prefer the cooking oil spray. In case you do not have the spray, you can make do with ordinary oil.
  • Pour the batter into each prepared muffin tin, about half way through, and place into an oven at 190 degrees, for about 12 minutes. The edges would have browned and become firm but the center will still be soft and gooey.
  • Once cooled down, let it cool before turning it onto the serving dish. 
  • On top of the cake, place one scoop of vanilla ice cream (Vanilla ice cream is the best combination for this cake, so ensure that you use this)
  • Top this off with some Chocolate syrup. I used Hershey's.

I do wish I had bigger muffin tins, so that there would be more quantity, coz trust me, there was nothing left! So, was'nt that an easy breezy recipe! Thank you Shawn once again for this, and you guys, don't forget to try it out and let me know your thoughts.

Till next time, adios amigos!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thank u for taking the time to drop by and leave a note. It's people like you who make me want to improve my cooking skills more and increase my passion for cooking! Please ensure that you dont leave behind comments that are hurtful or inappropriate. Remember, constructive criticism is always appreciated, not destructive! Have a nice day and God bless!

My dear fans!!

Tweet me!

Reader's favorites!