Total Pageviews

Pages

Featured Post

Thalassery Mutton Dum Biryani!

Hello, my lovelies!!!! I am baaaaaack!!!! Ok, I do need to apologize for the extremely long hiatus...and no, I am not going to make any exc...

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Fudgy Brownie cupcakes with chocolate chip cookie dough frosting!

I start of with an apology....only because I have been extremely lazy in putting up a new recipe. But, first things first...

Happy New Year!!!

May you have a wonderful, happy and prosperous new year, and may all your dreams and hopes come true!!! More importantly, thank you all for the wonderful response I have been receiving despite me being so irregular in my posts. So, as my New Year gift, I present to you these wonderfully moist brownie cupcakes, made even better with the chocolate chip cookie dough frosting.


I mean, what is not to like...they're brownies, they're cupcakes, and most importantly, they've got chocolate chip cookie frosting!! How could you possibly go wrong?!?
First things first, though. This would not have been possible without Sally from Sally's Baking Addiction, so thank you so much Sally for this wonderful recipe. It's so funny, coz I was actually looking for another recipe (that shall remain a secret for the moment :P), but I ended up with these and I am ever so grateful, so thank you once again, Sally, you truly are a star!

On to the recipe, be prepared to indulge yourself into chocolate heaven!                          

INGREDIENTS


Brownie cupcakes

  • 100 gms dark chocolate (3.5-4 ounces- any brand will do, I used Kit Kat :) )
  • White granulated sugar- 1 1/4 cups
  • All purpose flour- 1 cup
  • Unsalted butter (room temperature)- 1/2 cup
  • 3 eggs (room temperature)
  • Vanilla essence- 2 drops
  • Salt- A pinch
Chocolate chip cookie dough frosting

  • Unsalted butter (room temperature)- 1/2 cup
  • Muscavado or light brown sugar- 3/4 cup
  • All purpose flour- 1 cup +2 tablespoons
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 2 drops vanilla essence
  • 1 cup chocolate chips (I used Hershey's)
  • Salt- A pinch


METHOD
  • Melt chocolate and butter on the stove. Ensure the flame is low, since chocolate burns easily. Keep stirring with a wooden spoon to speed up the process.
  • Set it aside to cool for a few minutes. Mix in sugar and vanilla essence.
  • Beat the eggs, one at a time until they are completely blended in.
  • Finally, beat the flour and salt, until the mixture becomes thick and creamy.
  • Prepare muffin tins, by spraying cooking oil or brushing it with butter. I've recently discovered the Lurpak's cooking range Cooking Spray and am so in love with the product. Highly recommended!
  • Bake these cupcakes at 180 degrees for about 25- 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center gives you moist crumbs.
  • While they are baking, go ahead and prepare the frosting. Start off by creaming together the butter and sugar.
  • To this, add the vanilla essence followed by the flour and salt till you get a dense dough.
  • Incorporate the milk till it becomes creamy and fluffy.
  • Last, but definitely not the least, add the chocolate chips and stir this in using a wooden spatula. The more you add, the better they taste!
  • Wait till the cupcakes are completely cooled down before frosting them. I just used a spoon, but a butter knife would be even better. Remember, frosting looks best when untidy ;)
And voila, you have the most yummylicious, creamiest cupcakes on the planet! Incidentally, the frosting is so good, you can just eat it like ice cream! These cupcakes taste best when cooled, so keep them in the fridge for atleast half an hour before serving..if you have the patience, that is!!


So do try these cupcakes out and let me know how they turn out. Omce again, wish u all a very Happy and prosperous New Year! Till next time, take care and God bless!


2 comments:

Hi there! Thank u for taking the time to drop by and leave a note. It's people like you who make me want to improve my cooking skills more and increase my passion for cooking! Please ensure that you dont leave behind comments that are hurtful or inappropriate. Remember, constructive criticism is always appreciated, not destructive! Have a nice day and God bless!

My dear fans!!

Tweet me!

Reader's favorites!