Total Pageviews

Pages

Featured Post

Thalassery Mutton Dum Biryani!

Hello, my lovelies!!!! I am baaaaaack!!!! Ok, I do need to apologize for the extremely long hiatus...and no, I am not going to make any exc...

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Kerala style Potato Curry!

I'm feeling a little guilty...only because I posted a non vegetarian recipe earlier. I felt that I was being a bit inconsiderate to my veggie pals..he he! This recipe suddenly took me back to my college days for some reason, only coz I thought of one of my dear friends, Namitha. She's a pure vegetarian. The other day, she mailed me saying that she wanted to jump on a plane and come and see me, just to talk to me. That really teared me up. College days, no one can ever take that from you, I guess...So this one's for you Nami.. I hope you like it.

INGREDIENTS

  • Potatoes- 2 medium sized
  • Onion - 1 medium sized
  • Ginger Garlic paste - 1 teaspoon (If using fresh ginger and garlic, 2 garlic pods crushed and a small piece of ginger crushed)
  • Green chilies - 4-5 slit through the middle
  • Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
  • Coriander powder - 1 tablespoon
  • Thick coconut milk - 1/2 cup
  • Water - 2 cups
  • Mustard seeds - 1 teaspoon
  • Oil - 1 tablespoon
  • Salt to taste
  • Curry leaves - garnish
METHOD
  • Boil potatoes with their skins for 20 minutes on a low flame. Once boiled, allow them to cool and peel of their skin. Cut them into cubes.
  • Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
  • To this, add the ginger garlic paste and green chilies.
  • Now add onions and salt and wait for the onions to turn slightly brown.
  • Add the turmeric and coriander powders. Fry for 30 seconds.
  • Add the potatoes to this along with the water. Wait for it to boil properly and the gravy to thicken. This could take almost 10 minutes.
  • Finally add the coconut milk and wait for it to boil for another 2 minutes.
  • Check salt levels. Switch off the flame and garnish with curry leaves.
Hot and creamy potato curry is ready. A couple of pics for your viewing pleasure.



Doesn't this curry remind you of sunshine? For some reason, I just feel so nice looking at it..he he! Looks like I'm completely losing it...so before I drive you even more crazy, am signing off! Take care darlins!


1 comment:

  1. This is really very sweet of you...ill try it and let u know how it tastes :) thanks de...

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank u for taking the time to drop by and leave a note. It's people like you who make me want to improve my cooking skills more and increase my passion for cooking! Please ensure that you dont leave behind comments that are hurtful or inappropriate. Remember, constructive criticism is always appreciated, not destructive! Have a nice day and God bless!

My dear fans!!

Tweet me!

Reader's favorites!