Total Pageviews

Pages

Featured Post

Thalassery Mutton Dum Biryani!

Hello, my lovelies!!!! I am baaaaaack!!!! Ok, I do need to apologize for the extremely long hiatus...and no, I am not going to make any exc...

Friday, August 8, 2014

Meatza~Meat based pizza!

I have mentioned earlier that I consider Nigella Lawson to be one of my biggest inspirations when it comes to cooking...and I still stand by it!I love pizza, but then again, who doesn't :) I am a little biased, I have to be honest, just the name "Pizza Hut" and I go totally gaga!



The idea of making a pizza, quite frankly, has never appealed to me, simply because it involves making  crust, and I am never confident when it comes to making dough of any sort. So, when Nigella showed this particular recipe, for a pizza, minus the crust, I did not think twice..and trust me, neither will you :D. This truly is so simple, that you can get the even the little ones to pitch in for you. And the best part i, dinner is served in 20 minutes flat!


On to the recipe for more details

INGREDIENTS

  • Mince meat (1/2 kg)
  • Parmesan cheese- shredded (4 tablespoons)
  • Red chilly pepper paste (optional- 3 tablespoons depending on the spice level)
  • 2 eggs
  • Parsley Leaves- Handful
  • Canned tomatoes (200 gm jar) or if using fresh tomatoes, 2 small ripe ones
  • Oregano- 1 teaspoon
  • Back pepper- 1/2 teaspoon
  • Extra virgin olive oil- 1 tablespoon
  • Salt- A pinch (Bear in mind that parmesan is salty so adjust accordingly)
  • Mozarella cheese- A small cube cut into triangular pieces
METHOD
  • In a large bowl, add the cleaned mince meat. To this add the eggs, parmesan cheese, red chilly paste (optional) and the parsley leaves and blend using hands. Do not overwork the mixture, else it gets hard and rubbery.
  • Spread the mixture evenly into a greased baking dish.
  • Separately, strain out the tomatoes from the can so as to remove the liquid from them.
  • To the tomatoes, add the black pepper, oregano, oil and salt and mix with a spoon.
  • Spread this over the mince meat mixture.
  • Cut out the mozarella cube into triangular pieces and place over the mince meat mixture.
  • Place this into a hot oven at 200 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
And that's all there was to it! Now,wasn't that easy? Do try it out and let me know how it turns out!


Till next time, adios amigos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thank u for taking the time to drop by and leave a note. It's people like you who make me want to improve my cooking skills more and increase my passion for cooking! Please ensure that you dont leave behind comments that are hurtful or inappropriate. Remember, constructive criticism is always appreciated, not destructive! Have a nice day and God bless!

My dear fans!!

Tweet me!

Reader's favorites!